Whass up?

Friday, December 29, 2006

Big, bold and loud - and friendly

Big: everything's big in Texas. This includes my friends (ok, so not all of them but still), the appliances in the kitchen (incl the glasses and mugs...a pint of coffee in the morning type). The shower was set so high I had to stand on my toes to reach it. The cars, most of them 4-wheel drive's. The highways. The meals! A normal meal in a restaurant can feed at least two people. The space! Texas is large. When flying in to land it took at least half an hour flying over city lights before we reached the airport! I think you can fit a small European country into just the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

My friends house is a perfectly normal-sized house (approx 140 m2), and she claims it's small. I rest my case.

Bold: as an example I saw a road-sign "Drink - Drive - Go to Jail". No subtle messages there.

Loud: ok, the exception to the rule are my friends. They are whisperers. Very big and very quiet. But the rest is loud. Heartily loud though. There is nothing bad meant.

I felt almost at home in Texas I must say. People were friendly and helpful. In gas stations, in shops, in restaurants and the neighbours. Even though they did not expect tips. And I so enjoyed my visit there. Have already checked out flights for the next time :)....yiiii-haaaa!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to join! :-) still remember horseback riding in the red arizona sands 20 years ago. gosh, am i feeling old right now ....(guess it`s time somebody asked me for my ID :-) )

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Yes, it was a nice feeling being ID'd :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home