Whass up?

Friday, December 29, 2006

Date

Where was I in my story...ah yeah. After the drama day with Lucky, I had a date in the evening. Not a date-date, which my friends teased me for, but a date with guy I hadn't seen in 10 years but still managed to stay in touch with.

We had agreed to meet up in Cool River Cafe in Las Colinas (http://www.coolrivercafe.com/) and one of my friends gave me a ride there. It felt kinda cool walking in there with my own bodyguard (6ft4 - 195 cm) :)...and there he was. Waiting for me.

He looked about the same, perhaps a bit more distinguished but it felt the same talking to him. He was always good to talk to.

He asked me if I wanted to dine in the fancy restaurant or in the bar area. Considering it was smoking in the bar, guess what I chose? Food was so-so, but it didn't matter. It was great seeing him again.

After dinner I was supposed to call my "bodyguard" for a lift home, but date offered to drive me home. Good thing he did, since bodyguard didn't pick up phone. It later turned out that I had mixed up some digits in his phone number.

Journey back was quite an adventure since he didn't know where we were going, and I certainly didn't. Ended up with us having to stop at a gas station, buying a map, and with the kind help of some real Texan guy managed to locate the tiny street where my friend lives (only three houses on street).

So in the end all well, and I had a really nice evening out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home