Whass up?

Thursday, December 28, 2006

ID

Had lunch with a friend over there, and since I was on holiday I thought I'd have a drink first. Hmmm, Margarita sounded nice. There were all sorts of flavours (sorry flavors :) to choose from...one of the perks of visiting the land of plenty :).

So ordered one with banana-strawberry, and guess what...I got ID'd!! They asked me for my ID! At first I was quite puzzled as to why, since I'm not exactly a teenager anymore. And the age for being allowed a drink in Texas is 21. But hey, I was flattered. Immensely :)

Until I was told they are required to ID anybody who looks younger than 40!!

As to why is anybody's guess...surely no 40-year-old looks 21?? I thought it was only in Hollywood they do the facelift thing. But never mind. Now I can say I got ID'd in America :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    fat smile. they are stupid, of course. but this way around we like it, somehow :-)

    smiling teacher

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Flattery will get you almost anywhere :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home