Whass up?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Aftermath"

So, Sunday I had three people moving out and two people moving in. Those who had flights back home on the Monday. We were kinda tired you could say, but they spent the day walking the streets of Zürich (20°C and sunshine - I ordered it especially), whereas I got reacquainted with my dvd player since I got a few films from home. Oh dear.

First of all I realized that my 79 CHF dvd-player from 3 years ago was caving in. Here it is probably appropriate to mention the 800 CHF surround system that I bought when I first moved here only lasted one year (f...ing Mediamarkt!), well to be more exact one year and a few days, just enough for the guarantee to run out. But it was funny since the film was running, the background sound was ok, but the people were whispering. Which meant that if you wanted to see the film you needed to have the subtitles switched on. V. weird.

Problem solved by a friend from the party visiting. Shortly joined by my cousin who was also at the party. And a bit later by the walking people, so ended up only watching a movie in the evening. With whispering people, but still a very nice evening. Joined by friends I felt very relaxed (and über-tired but that's another matter :).

PS. Happened to know a friend who had a spare player, which I now have got as a present :) Hurray for friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home