Whass up?

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Duty-free

Before moving on with the story, I just wanted to mention that buying duty-free in Zürich was a bit of a no-go. The only thing allowed was ciggies (phew!), but no beverages (at least I don't think so, didn't try) and get this...no mascara! Was trying to buy one, and was told no.

Again why? I can understand if they want the goods to be sealed, and kept in a closed bag but not buying it at all? People, we're talking mascara. What was I gonna do with it? Especially if in a sealed bag? Poking somebody's eye? I already had a pen, remember?

Somehow I just don't think that all these so called security measures will prevent terrorists from doing whatever they want. But I guess the Americans think otherwise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home