Whass up?

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Appliances

They have different kitchen appliances in the US. Examples being a bagel-toaster (like a toaster but bigger...like everything in Texas :), a trash-"compresser" (don't really know what it's called but it's a machine that compresses the trash so that you can fit a lot in there...only when it's finally time to take it out it weighs a ton!) and an ice-machine attached to the freezer (see pic).

I kinda like the ice-machine idea. Just press a button and out it comes!

Since my friend has lotsa animals with fur it's almost a daily chore to hoover. Now, there was a shock when they turned the vacuum cleaner on. The noise was worse than the leaf-sucking device here at home. I was told by my friend that "Americans don't think it sucks if it doesn't make a noise". Hmmm, I guess nobody ever accused them of being clever either :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home