Whass up?

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Small phrase book

Some useful words in German:

Auf Wiedersehen – We "see us" again.

Chocolate – Schoggi (Swiss German), not to be mixed up with jogging, which is an activity I despise.

Chuchichästli – Swiss German for kitchen cupboard and the first word they will ask you to pronounce. Always followed by a laugh when you fail. Which is easy to do, since pronunciation inevitably involves spitting.

Entschuldigung – sorry, excuse me (try and pronounce that when sober!).

Fernseher – telly, tv set (actually means seeing something from a distance).

Grüezi – Swiss German greeting word, very hard to explain pronunciation but is a must to say to everybody, at all occasions. Preferably repeatedly, so if you meet the same person after 5 minutes you must say it again.

Saufen – networking.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    And I know I switched Chocolate - Schoggi, so don't go all anal on me being too Swiss :) but it fitted my alphabetical order...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home