Whass up?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Comparison

So I always gotten gifts when I left (oh gee, that should tell me something, right?). But when I left other countries I got something like books, cd's or coming to think of it a really great send-off in a restaurant.

This was an ex-boss of mine who invited something like 20 colleagues to a meal. Before I arrived he ordered wine. Which kept on coming. Of course the staff grabbed the opportunity, and kept on delivering the same very very expensive wine. He choked when the bill arrived, but no worries. It was on expenses :)

Anyway, it was a great meal and a great send-off. And I still have a few gifts from that evening. A book about great beers in Benelux (remind me to get back to you on that one!) and two candle-holders in the shape of tulips (yes, I was moving to "Holland"). Still have them.

So where was I going with this item? Don't really know, but was kinda thinking if I would leave Switzerland. What would the send-off be? A wave? A book? A remark like "it-was-nice-to-meet-you-but-we're-happy-you're-leaving"?

Oh dear, I'm fishing, aren't I :)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home