Whass up?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Arthur, Felix and Major cont'd

So Arthur was the first one to arrive. We became friends. He used to sit on the terrace when I got home, waiting for me to open the door and for him to get straight to park his butt next to the fridge.

Arthur in Dutch is pronounced "achtuhr", also meaning eight o'clock. But the name was actually given to him by an English friend of mine. And that was because he was eating with his paw. And I'm not joking. He was. And because they had an ad on telly in Britain with a cat eating with his paw he was subsequently named Arthur. My spaghetti and meat-sauce was his favourite! And my meat-sauce contains lots of spices. How can you not love a cat who eats that?

Felix was a young cat. He was named by me since he looked exactly like an ad for cat food. Black-and-white and playful.

Major was also named by my English friend, because he was so grey. For the younger audience here, Major was a prime minister in England WAY back :). Major was shy. The cat I mean. Maybe the prime minister was too, but I didn't know him personally.

They were all lovely cats in their own right, but they didn't get along with each other. So I made up "beds" on my terrace so that they didn't have to fight. Most of the time Arthur and Felix were sleeping outside waiting for me to get home. It was then a matter of whom got in first. Of course Arthur did. He was the biggest and the boldest (takes one to know one, right :)?).

Not to make this blog too long...just want you to see the pics of my "darlings".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home