Whass up?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Netherlands

You see, I'm a correct type of person using the right epithet :)...just when talking about "my" cats I got a bit teary-eyed thinking about my send-off. I got two photo albums when I left "Holland".

One with pics taken by friends and where they'd written text underneath the photos like "this was the bus you took to work", "this was where your bike was stolen", "this was your favourite bar" and "this was the hotel you stayed in before you moved here".

They had also asked every person I worked with to write something for the other album. I got everything from copied P&L's (yes, I was in Finance - so shoot me!) to paintings to even poems. This was one of them called "Ballad of Annika":

"Her countenance is fair, this Viking lass can swear, like a sailor while guzzling a beer.

She spins her dark spell, as Nederlands tell, of a vrouw forever strikes fear.

Her mind may be quick, her humor too sick, for the average Jan de Boer.

But to all who opposed her, the pain of this rose were, thorns of wit pricking them sore.

Although quite psychotic, she thinks she's erotic, and twists men in knots to a fit.

And when she has finished, and they are diminished, she'd says "Just like a man - full of shit!"

Is it a wonder that I sometimes miss "Holland" :) ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home