Whass up?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Spam call

Just had another spam call from an insurance company. Applied a new technique. When she asked me my name (compulsory I suppose since they always do) I said "ja". Then she went on for a long time with the pre-prepared speech. When she finally ran out of breath I said in a nice voice "sorry, but I don't speak Switze-dutch and I don't want any insurance from you".

She got so startled that she just hung up :). The fact that I actually understood most of what she said, doesn't sink in until later I guess :)...at least if she understood English which is not necessarily the case.

Considering the amount of foreigners though in Switzerland, shouldn't that be a requirement? It's they who want to sell to me, not the other way around in case somebody here feels inclined to comment on my German :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home