Whass up?

Monday, August 07, 2006

Challenge

Just when I thought I learned a bit of German something is thrown in my face like "Bitte unterschätze die Wertoschätzung solcher Gasten nicht!!". Hmm. When I look it up in the dictionary the first thing that strucks me is that "Wertoschätzung" doesn't exist but "Wertschätzung" does. Goes to prove that the Swiss cannot spell (or speak high German for that matter :). Only this guy is a foreigner. Throws my theory off a bit.

My interpretation of this quote? Not sure. But should be something like "Do not underestimate the esteem of such customers". Which means? No clue to be honest. Not even sure it was a positive thing.

Hmm...really have to re-think visiting this place again...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In what content was that sentence mentioned? And was Gäste=guests or Gesten=gesture meant?

    This sentence sounds a bit instructive. However, depends on the circumstances how it was meant.

    Ze German

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    I think it is Gesten, not Gasten. So not guests, but gestures. Still doesn't make sense to me.

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    depends on the contens but sounds really serious - whoooooooo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home