Whass up?

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Invasion

Wherever I look in this town I see people from Eastern Europe, to the point of it being an invasion. Two new students join our German class, and whaddayaknow, Bosnia and White Russia (is there a Black Russia too?). Mind you, if I lived in Eastern Europe I might wanna emigrate too. Oops, forgot I've already left my country :)

Re Eastern Europe I really only have experience from Budapest (see previous blogs, use the search facility!), and that wasn't pretty. Doesn't necessarily mean it's as bad all over Eastern Europe. But being an expert in jumping to conclusions...it probably is.

Otherwise, why are people leaving their home countries? Love obviously (or so I've heard :), poverty, war, political reasons. I left because of work and boredom. My country isn't exactly a bundle of joy. If you think everything is forbidden here (trust me, it isn't) you should visit northern Europe! Except for Denmark. Denmark is cool. Judgmental, me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home