Whass up?

Saturday, January 21, 2006

From Jehovas to Cablecom

It used to be Jehovas witnesses ringing your doorbell and wanting to "sell" you something. Like jesus or whatever. Nowadays it's a company called Cablecom (yes, they send me letters every month) and today they rang the door.

Only because they did, I will not even listen. And it's funny. Every time somebody here in Switzerland wants to sell me something I do not speak a word of German. How very convenient :)

I just don't think it is a big difference between what they are trying to sell. Jehovas, yes, it's something you do (or not) believe in. Cablecom, yes arguably more understandable but still something I do not want. Old world meeting the new world, what is really new?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Not sure what I wanted to say with this blog item, but it was 5 o'clock in the morning...;)

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmhhhh, it's just what the envoirement tries to tell us what we need.....what we want .....however good enought that we are not jumping (typical german translation, Annika :-)) on all the kind of information given to us.... even if it is just because we are not interested... however that saves us ofen enough to make uncomfortable/wrong decisissions.......

    Kirsten

     

Post a Comment

<< Home