Whass up?

Monday, December 04, 2006

Outback

On Wednesday I'm invited for dinner in a place called Dübendorf. It's supposedly not too far from Zürich city center, but have a sneaking suspicion it's the countryside.

Every time I have to leave asphalt and city lights behind, I get anxious. I need life around me. Voices, sirens, traffic, noise (ok, apart from the leaf-sucking guy, he can go to hell for all I care).

If people are interested in nature, watch Discovery I say. Or make a day-tour if you must. But on the other hand, if everybody would live in the city it would be too crowded I guess :) And they tend to come here anyway for nightlife. Which sometimes lasts until the wee hours of the morning :)...bet the countryside don't have bars open that long!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the worst thing about places like Dubendorf is that they're not the city but they're not the country either, just some in between place without the buzz of the city and without the tranquility and beauty of nature of the countryside, and usually full of factory stores and shopping centres, ugh.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just had to see if you had any comments from your rural counterparts...I being one!
    The choice about where we live is a personal one, obviously. I for one, am quite happy out in the sticks without the noise and bustle, but I occasionally enjoy a city weekend; it's people, excitement, sounds, smells etc.
    As far as relying on Discovery....well, I don't live on the edge of Niagara Falls, have Mount Everest in my back yard or go snorkelling with the Cousteaus, BUT I really get a kick out of all the city folk on a Sunday summer evening driving by and heading for the bumper to bumper traffic to their city homes while I sit on my deck overlooking the lake and have another glass of Red wine ..enjoy life wherever you live...mine is getting shorter..faster...:o)

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Well, I live in Zürich where public transportation is great! 5 min with the bus to city center...or if I can be arsed to walk...20 min. Buses go every 6 min or so.

    So close even taxi is cheap...13 CHF. It's nothing.

    Yes I understand that not everybody is like me :) but I cannot see myself living on the countryside. Ever.

    When I left Oslo my friend told me that 2 bars and 3 taxi drivers went out of business :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home