Whass up?

Monday, December 04, 2006

The show must go on

I wonder who uttered this expression the first time. According to etymonline it was first used in 1941. I wonder if it could've been Groucho Marx. If you ask me one of the wittiest people who ever walked this planet.

Obviously when I was little I didn't understand the greatness of the Marx brothers. Just thought they were silly men running around, one with a big moustache and a cigar. But now when I'm slightly older and a lot wiser :)...I get it. Have read some of their books of the recordings they made way way back, and it's amazing!

A few examples:

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception".

"I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member".

"Last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas I don't know".

"How do you feel about women's rights? I like either side of them".

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others".

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home