Whass up?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Nordic

In Zürich there is a rowing club called "Nordiska" (which btw means Nordic). On their website they announce: "Welcome to Nordiska, the best Nordic rowing club in Zürich". Cool. I bet it is also the only one :)

The only prerequisite to be a member is that you speak a Nordic language. Not necessarily that you are one. Me like.

This can also be seen on the website, since it is a mix between the Nordic languages (yeah, ok with the exception of Finnish which nobody understands. Except the Finnish I would assume:).

http://www.nordiska.ethz.ch/

4 Comments:

  • At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a firend of mine is a member here and as a member you can use the boat house for parties for free - a large lawn right on the river, near the city centre, big barbeque area and plenty of space indoors if it rains. On top of which its right next to the clubhouse for the grasshoppers - full of fit young men, if you like that kind of thing. If only I could speak a nordic language

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Actually, that's not why I was looking it up, although it doesn't sound bad except for all that sport :)

    No, I was hoping to find somebody to help with the maintenance of my boat, since I have a feeling ex-flatemate won't keep his promise...

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh yeah, I'd probably also need to be able to row as well as the language thing.

    dont think they deal with those kind of boats.

    you dont expect much from people do you ;)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Doesn't hurt asking, and I did promise to provide a crate of beer :)...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home