Whass up?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Swings and carousels

Monday 18.00.
Where I come from we say what you lose on the swings you gain on the carousels. Meaning you can always make up for a loss on something else.

Got to think about this right now, since my computer is playing up again. After restarting a couple of times I caved in and called Bluewin, my provider. And to my great surprise got an answer after only waiting a minute! Ok, so not the answer I was expecting, "it’s not your computer, it’s the entire network". In a way I was relieved, because frankly I’m not looking forward to spend a lot of money on a new computer right now. But I was less impressed when the agent told me "we don’t know when it’ll be fixed, but probably today". Hello? It’s still six hours left on today.

The support is only open until 22.00, after that you’re on your own. Service? Not in this country I’m afraid. So I said I’m looking forward to the discount on my next bill. She laughed nervously, in fact not sure she understood what I said. And ok, not her decision.
Conclusion: What I lose on the swings, Bluewin will gain on the carousels :)

PS. Seems we’re up and running again...for how long? Ask Bluewin :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home