Whass up?

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ambassadors

Aren't we all ambassadors for the countries we represent? Still in these days I think we are, whether we like it or not. Some of us have left our countries voluntarily, and don't wanna go back. Like myself. Often people ask me why, since their impression of my country is much better than the one I have myself. And trust me, I know it. They often have not set foot in my home country.

Funny that, isn't it? Perception again. Means a lot. Facts of less importance. Food for thought, isn't it?

As much as I can make fun of Switzerland and the Swiss in particular (and this is easy to do :), I really do like both the country and the Swiss. They have such a wonderful view of themselves being difficult people, and yes sometimes they are indeed, but guess what? So are other nationalities. They also believe themselves to be pretty special, but again, guess what? So are others.

Conclusion? Oh dear, I have to revert to cliches again. We're all human beings, but still different. I'm gagging here...but don't know how to say it otherwise. Anybody?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home