Whass up?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Space invaders

Having mentioned earlier about gay guys who "invade" your space. The "worst" I have come across are the Dutch. Think it has to do with the space allocated to each person. Where I come from it's lotsa space. Huge forests, fields, in general open areas. In Holland not. They are 20M+ people in a fly-shit-on-a-map type of country.

When walking on the pavement (sidewalk for the Americans :) for example they walk very close to you. I wasn't used to that, coming from another country. I kept on steering away, which only meant they moved with me, and not away. Sometimes we'd end up on the street.

Again, it took some getting used to. But I kinda like it. It's personal. It's "invading". It's cute. It's friends. It's a good thing.

Perhaps it's gotta do with if you're close, you cannot fight. Who wants to fight with a friend? Or somebody who've been close to? Perhaps North Korea should try it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home