Whass up?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

FYI

...or abbreviations in general. FYI = For Your Information. Meaning you don't have to do anything, just read and be informed. But funnily enough this abbreviation is not known by every English-speaking individual. There are others too, where I got completely confused. For example, have you ever heard "I'm OOTO"? Which kinda in English sounds when read like "I'm auto" (I am car). This got me the first time I saw it. Means Out Of The Office.

Bet there are many other examples. Let me know if you have one. Preferrably not in Portuguese :)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He Anika,

    I'm not uot sure whether the following example
    a) is understandable, due to the German pronunciation
    b) does make sense in English
    c) it's too foolish


    However here it is:

    "asap" (as soon as possible) sounds like "Ass Up" (German pronunciation)

    Ze German

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Didn't know ass was a German word :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home