Whass up?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hilton

Got a letter the other day from Hilton. Apparently I have bonus points that have to be used before early July, otherwise they will expire. That would indeed be sad, since I spent 5 months in a Hilton hotel some years ago in order to earn those points, and that was painful. Not because it's Hilton, but 5 months in any hotel is not fun.

I have also spent several months in Sofitel (5 star hotel) in Budapest, and we all know by now (at least if you're up to date with the blog) what I think of Hungarians :) But ok, gotta admit the hotel was good. Free breakfast delivered to your room for example. And lots of it. Full English ditto. Enough food to survive the whole day. Which came in really useful on the weekends.

Anyway, I decided it would be a good idea to put those points to use so arranged with a friend to meet in Milan for a weekend. It happens to be a male friend. But only a friend. So when I booked I asked for a twinbed room (because we don't want him to get any ideas, do we?...as I said to the booking lady...she nearly choked :). But the joke broke the ice, and since I still had some points to use she sent me a couple of vouchers for the remaining points to be used in some 3 star hotel within a year. So there you go, a joke is always good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home