Whass up?

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Awkward

Few things are as awkward as having to explain a joke. Then it is like the Germans/Swiss say "the joke is around the corner". Indeed.

Brought the Euro-English piece to the German teacher. I was kinda under the impression that he had a sense of humour. Hmm.

Well, he laughed and asked me, "that is supposed to be Dutch, right"? And I went..."hmm, no, not really, it's German". How do you explain something to somebody who doesn't understand? A joke. Awkward is the name of the game.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger magal53 said…

    Legal, muito bom

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Spanish is a language I do not speak...however I have friends who do...it'd better be polite!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was Portuguese!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    So I heard from a friend today :)...it's not easy with all the languages I'm currently dealing with...but as I understood it was polite so ok. You may continue to comment in Portuguese (as long as there is a translation provided :)...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home