Whass up?

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Presentation

Today was the big day in the course, doing presentations in front of 12 people and a camera. We had to prepare for three scenarios, but we didn't know beforehand which one we were doing. Fortunately I got to do my favourite: "tell me something about yourself". Can't think of a better topic, to be paid to talk about yourself :)...and thinking of me doing this for free here on the blog!

There were two people doing the same thing before me. We were instructed to keep it within 3-7 minutes (I think). Both of them ended up doing almost the maximum, so when it was my turn, all I had in my head was to keep it short. More is less, kind of thinking.

Did it in 3.56 min, which was much shorter than I normally would do. But guess what? I wasn't exactly nervous before, more tense and concentrated. And as soon as I was in the "hot seat" I started to shake. Weird, isn't it? I then had to endure to see the whole thing again on camera. Gosh, I hate this. I didn't look like me, I didn't sound like me, yet it apparently was me.

Anyway, got good feedback (can this be trusted?) and people even laughed. Got some "constructive" feedback as well, but have forgotten already. Perhaps I'm turning into a man (criticism on a man, water of a duck's back)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home