Whass up?

Monday, September 25, 2006

Yeah

This is a common greeting when you call a Swiss. These days you can see the caller on the phone, and therefore you respond accordingly. I don't know if it's only me but I often (ok 2 people but both Swiss) get the greeting "yeah". And not in a nice-to-hear-from-you-way but in a why-are-you-bothering-me-kinda way.

Not very nice. When you actually make the effort of calling somebody these days I expect it to be welcome.

How do I do it? I have several greeting responses. 1. Hello (but in a nice way). 2. Hello + caller's name (in the same cordial manner). 3. My name (when I cannot see the caller). 4. Why haven't you called before you bastard (reserved for certain people :)...and you guessed right...exclusively men :)

So, ring ring...what's your response?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One more time: Hi my dear, how are you? Nice to hear from you ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home