Whass up?

Monday, September 25, 2006

TI 200 000

Here in Switzerland they still have letters on the car number plates to indicate which canton they come from. In my country we abandoned that about 30 years ago, but I still think it's kinda cute. When you travel by car, it's nice to see where the drivers are from. And yes, I agree, you can spot the Italian and French drivers on km's distance without the number plates, but still.

So this one I saw today. TI stands for Ticino, the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. But the number must've been bought. Or was this person so lucky s/he just got it?

Where I come from it costs about CHF 900 for a designed number plate for 5 years. Somehow I doubt the Swiss has discovered this particular market...?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Coriolis said…

    Wow, are you serious!? 900 CHF!!? Geeze, that’s a bit steep…

    My license plate back in the states is “HIKEEBA”. I’m pretty sure it costs me something like $35 a year for that customization.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Maybe it's me but wouldn't you rather have a number plate that's funny or that means something? But I guess it does to you.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Coriolis said…

    Not a fan of MST3K, huh? ;-)

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Have no idea what you're talking about...something American??

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Coriolis said…

    Yeah, sorry... MST3K = Mystery Science Theater 3000.

    I'm basically a 'Mystie' and any other Mysties out there woud get the significance... ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home