Whass up?

Friday, April 28, 2006

Beef Tatar

Went to a fancy place this evening with a friend. She recommended that we had beef tatar on toast. Fine with me. I like it. She told me that they were kinda famous for it. That and their blinis.

So we ordered, got it, nicely served with some onion rings, eggs (cooked! I'm used to a raw one on top), cucumber etc. We took one bite, looked at each other. Took another bite, and then we both went like "No, I'm not eating this". Very, very salty.

If you pay CHF 28 for a friggin toast, you expect it to be perfect, right? So we sent it back. Turns out that the sous-chef had been making it (first time I think). We got served a new plate with less salty beef, but I still think they should've offered us something extra. They didn't.

Don't think I'll be going back there.

PS. Better stick to the tacky places. At least you know what you get for the price you pay :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home