Whass up?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Convinced

OK, so if I wasn't convinced before about going out when you really don't think you should, I am now. This is what happened:

Went down to my usual place for a drink. Quite empty. Turns out it was some kind of football on the telly. How uninteresting.

Anyway, after a while two guys come in. One "in a good mood" = had a few. He addresses me in Swiss German, and my standard reply is: "I only understand high German" (well, to be honest with you, it is only my standard reply since about 3 weeks, used to be "I only speak English"). He then proceeds to talk to me with big lip movements, and in something that resembled high German. I responded "I am not dumb, just a foreigner", to which the other people around the table smiled at.

So he said: "Can I ask you a question?". Of course he could. He said: "Are you sad?" (may have something to do with that I didn't want to dance with him). I said no. I also asked if I could ask him a question. Yes. I said: "Are you drunk"?. He said no. Guess one of us lied :)

Had a good time. Eventually I decided to leave, in order to catch the last bus. Got out, then ran into Mr Africa (remember solitary confinement for 3 years?), who I hadn't seen for weeks. Had a beer with him. Such a nice guy.

So again, in Zürich you always run into people, some drunk, some interesting, some more than that. What can I say? I love this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home