Whass up?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Zug

Means train in English. The whole class has been counting the days to the end for several weeks now. I phrased it like: I'm seeing the light in the end of the tunnel". And then adding: "but it's an express-train".

Which has now become a joke in class. Today I got an sms, saying the train is really close. To which I responded: yes, but it's coming at us at 250 km/h!

Hmmmm. Tomorrow is the last day. I really prefer Scarlett O'Haras view: tomorrow is another day. Far more promising and less threatening :)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Walter said…

    Your english reads perfect. Why are you taking the class, extra credit?

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    It's not an English class :)

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zug, capital of the Swiss canton of that name, a picturesque little town at the northeastern corner of the lake of Zug, and at the foot of the Zugerberg (3255 ft.), which rises gradually, its lower slopes thickly covered with fruit trees. Population: 6508 (1900), 23'000 (2004), mainly German-speaking and Romanists.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zug

    Zug does not mean train in any lanuguage I can locate

     
  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Ok, but zug in German means train. Trust me, I live here :)...and you're American. How many languages do you speak?

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    definitely: zug means train

    I can confimr this, I mean I'm
    Ze German :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home