Whass up?

Friday, November 17, 2006

Suitable replacement

Apparently that's me. Am going to the US of A for a week over Christmas, and since I have a few friends there, I was trying to arrange to meet them. This is one of the emails on the subject: Annika's coming into town.

"I was looking for Santa Claus, but you're a suitable replacement!

I'm flying out from D on the 22nd, so that means if I'm going to see you, it will have to be the 21st, which also happens to be a workday for me. Therefore, if I'm going to see you, it will have to be on the night of the 21st!

That's not so bad, except that A is a long friggin' way from P!! It's about an hour drive or more, especially given the traffic after work....it could be closer to 1.5 hours. But...I'm willing to make the journey! :-)

You'll have to give me some help on where we can catch up."

My answer:

"All the best parties take place at night, and I will try to meet you halfway (ah gee, have I become a comprimizing type?). Have asked my friend to suggest a place between A and P, and of course you're "willing to make the journey"!! It's been what? 10 years?

I hope you haven't become old, since I haven't aged a day :)

Will get back to you when I found someplace (the things you have to organize for the locals!).

Hmmm regards,
The suitable replacement"

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good news L.C. is much closer to A. than P. so you both win. Your friend is close to the airport and you are close to A.

    Signed D of A
    (Deborah of Arlington)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home