Whass up?

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Operation

Today my friend is having an operation. Made me think of a few years ago when I also had minor surgery made.

I went to the hospital to have all the tests made, and got information about what was going to happen the next day. Since the hospital is near to my place I got permission to sleep at home, but to be back early the next day. Provided I stayed away from food, drinks and cigs after midnight. HA! They obviously didn't know me.

So got home around 3 in the morning after a night on the town. Slept a few hours. Dragged myself out of bed, and went again to the hospital. Found the bed assigned to me, and promptly fell asleep. Was woken up half an hour later, they wanted to give me a pill to relax :). Fell asleep again, and woke up by them wheeling me down to the operating theatre.

Got needles stuck into me, remember saying "I don't feel a thing", and then I really didn't. Was anaesthetized.

Next thing I knew I woke up feeling really dozy and slept on and off the whole day. Begged them to give me water. Finally got it. And then dinner in the evening. Took one bite and then promptly threw half a liter of water up on the tray, on the bed and all over myself. Charming!

Well, I recovered and was as good as new in a few weeks. Hope my friend will do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home