Whass up?

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

IKEA

One of my favourite shops. If only I didn't have to go there. Have this love-hate relationship with it. Love what they offer, but always get tired/irritated/wanna-get-out-of-there type of feeling when actually visiting.

Only to be happy again when home, because they do actually have good stuff. And cheap! Am a sucker for cheap.

And always when there, I come home with MUCH more than planned. They are geniuses when it comes to marketing. A pack of serviettes, an extra candle, a towel I didn't know I needed, a plant. Because it's so cheap, it's criminal not to buy. Like I said, geniuses.

And they have that Swedish food shop just outside, with all sorts of delicious goodies.

I can feel an IKEA-moment coming right up!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, I'm with you! Love - hate!

    I need to go the next days - it's really something I need - but I'll see what else I will have in my shopping basket :-))

    The time I go to Ikea is approx an hour before they close. The mass of people are on the way to the cashier already. So I walk very relaxed behind them and collect the staff I want to buy. And the best, the time I reach the cashier all the others are through already. So, no stress at all.

    An alternative time would be in the very early morning which is 9 am in "Ze German country". At least no option for me.

    Ze German

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    Can you also buy the staff?

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Topic: Ikea

    It's not that staff I will buy but the other staff....

    May be worth to ask to rent the personal staff just to build up the furniture:-))

    Ze German

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    surely only in Gemrany, are people are so organised they go to the checkouts on hour before closing. Where I come from thats the worst time. People only feel the need to get in, but not out, before closing. after working too many years as a check-out chick I know the pain of still putting customers' stuff through your register an hour after you wanted to knock-off.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    A bit of a conflict between customers and staff then...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home