Whass up?

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Still

So the thing that didn't happen on Saturday (the night boat trip) happened today. Didn't happen then because it started raining. Only for a short while but still. So we postponed it until today. Gotta tell you, it was probably for the best since tonight was the perfect night for a boat ride.

35°C (95°F) during the day, sweating, tiring and wishing for something cool. Left at about 1.30 in the morning. We were the only ones at the bridge. A bit of a problem though, since I was told (by somebody who I thought knew these things) that I had position lights. Apparently this means a green and a red light on the sides of the boat. Ideally you'd also have a white light in front. Which I knew I didn't, since I have been carrying around a broken light in my bag for a few months now. Why I haven't fixed it? Beats me.

Anyway, when we checked the lights, they weren't there. Like, no light whatsoever. Oh dear. So I took a management decision of going anyway (still wondering if the blondie bimbo look would have worked with the seepolizei :) ??).

Fantastic night on the lake. No waves. No boats. Only joined by a swan and a duck. Was swimming like five times. Water like velvet. And it was strange, since it was about 24° in the air, and 25-26° in the water, it was nicer to spend time in the lake...floating, swimming, just enjoying. Normally I wouldn't let the boat alone, but tonight we did. Swimming both of us. There was no stream, so boat stayed.

Watching the stars, contemplating life, a bit of music (yes, I have a battery-driven radio)...oh joy! Again, it's good to live.

PS. I had a flashlight in the boat, so we weren't entirely invisible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home