Whass up?

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Paul - Heather

I don't believe what I read in the papers most of the time, but the settlement issue in this separation case raises some indignation on my part. Forget Paul and Heather, I'm sure they will work it out. But why is it that as soon as you marry somebody you are immediately entitled to their money?

Imagine somebody who has worked hard all her/his life. Then they marry somebody, and before you know it, they are divorcing. Usually within one-two years. What has the other person done, other than signing a marriage certificate, that makes them entitled to the money? Isn't everybody responsible for their own lives?

OK, fair enough when the woman stays home for a year or so to take care of a kid, but after that? Surely you are in charge of your own life?

I know things don't work that way in reality, but I think they should. Disagree, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home