Whass up?

Monday, March 27, 2006

Median

You know, median as supposed to maxi or mini (and I'm not talking about skirts here). Median means in the middle. Like age. My country like Switzerland where I live has 40 (approx). Which sounds really low. Meaning you're gonna live until you're 40, and then not. Wrong. Median means not average but from everybody who lives the middle age is 40. (And if you still don't understand my explanation, please read a finance book :).

As a comparison, mandinka man comes from a country where the median age is approx 18. Imagine how many infant deaths, diseases etc that means!

This makes me think. I happened to be born in a rich country. And yet, I still complain about some things. Think we sometimes forget how lucky we are...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home