Whass up?

Friday, February 03, 2006

Strengths vs weaknesses

I don't know if you have ever been to a seminar/course/training/whatever where they test you. I have. Many times. The thing that strikes me is that when you "measure" strengths vs weaknesses is that they are related.

What is in certain situations considered a strength, is in other situations a weakness and vice versa.

Let's say I am independent as an example. That would sound good in a cv, or in a situation where you have to be able to take care of yourself. In another situation it would mean that you are not good in teamwork, and have difficulties listening to others.

Here in Switzerland, it is a lot of reading between the lines going on. What is a poor foreigner to do? My advice, and what I do, is to ignore all this and just be myself. Am I successful? I don't know, but what else could I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home