Whass up?

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The rest of the world vs the Swiss

I have the good fortune of participating in a course with foreigners in Switzerland. One of the many things that strike me as different amongst us vs the Swiss, is the spontaneity.

Last Thursday in between finishing the course for the day, and waiting for the theater play to start, I had a heureka-moment. Why don't I ask my fellow classmates to join me for a beer?

Out of a group of 13 (yes, I miscalculated last time, we're only 13) 8 of them joined instantly. Isn't that great? With a Swiss person you would have to book them something like 2 weeks in advance, having them go through their calendars and finally making an appointment.

Since (which I learned) it was Australia day, and one of the women in the class happen to come from there, we went to the Australian pub. I am now the proud owner of a Fosters-tshirt :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As far as I remember there have been any Swiss at the place? al

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Yes. You!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home