Whass up?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A funny incident

Happened in the seminar today. You know the type of thing. You spend half a day with introductions of the company who gives the seminar, the people who are the trainers/teachers/facilitators/whatever and then you go around the table to introduce yourself.

In the afternoon you have your first "group/team work". So you sit with the other three people you are grouped together with, and you have 30 min to come up with a strategy for something or another. You are given an overhead and a pen, and you get to work. Remember those are people you have never before seen in your life.

Then invariably, you have a break. For the smokers (like myself) it is clear what to do. Some others trail behind, yet another few get on the phone. You know the drill.

Then you come back, and it's time for the presentations. Since I did the overhead writing, I suggested that somebody else would present it. No go. The English guy: "no, you do it, you're prettier than I". My reply was: "well, so are most people here". (And I'm not joking. This guy is a highly skilled academic, with shaved head, a nose-ring and extremely casual clothes).

Did the presentation, and upon ending it, the same English guy said "well done love", whereupon I replied: "you look prettier by the minute".

Guess I have established myself in the group now :)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess he'll be real handsome by the end of seminar term:)
    saludos

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    He's certainly a definite maybe possible friend. Nothing more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home