Whass up?

Monday, January 23, 2006

No taxi

When I was visiting my friends childhood home there was no taxi. Not that there were no taxies available, it was just that you couldn't drive there.

My friend comes from the Swiss mountains. And when I say mountains, I really do mean so. His Mum raised 8 kids (I know, condoms weren't invented back then :), in a cottage which lies about 300m above the nearest village.

The house is located halfway up the mountain. The steepness is something like 60%. If you lean over you will fall down. And I'm not kidding. How the parents ever managed to raise 8 kids not having one of them fall down is amazing. A dog did. He is no longer with them.

I hiked up there with my friend. Me, hiking? I know. Weird things happen in life. It took about 20 min, and again, it was/is steep. The view up there? Beautiful, marvellous, amazing. Was it worth the hike? Yes, it was :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home