Whass up?

Friday, November 17, 2006

Innovation

Ok, gonna have a go at the Swiss again. Just looked at my stat's and I have indeed quite a few Swiss readers (well, I live here so why not?) but most of them do not comment.

If I could give the Swiss one advice it would be: don't be so afraid of everything that is new. It's not gonna bite. And not everything is so friggin serious. This for example is just a blog, ok?

I think one of the reasons that you do not comment so often is your lack of confidence in English. Well hey? My German kinda stinks. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

Change is good, remember that :)

6 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    Sounds like the yocal swiss population is staying neutral. Gee, I wonder why?

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Because they can afford it :)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Walter said…

    And here's the real reason the swiss can afford it. Centuries ago some swiss people working together created this concept called "time" which in actuality does not exist, but it was created by the swiss to sell more clocks, and it worked!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Clever little bstrds they are :)

    Actually when I moved to Switzerland I stopped wearing a watch. Here they are everywhere.

    Another thing is that in German you don't ask: what time is it? you ask: how late is it? I wonder why that is.

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Topic: innovation

    I don't know the perfect answer but I supose the following:

    "Wie spät ist es" is a more unformal way to aks for the time. And likely it has a historical reason.

    :-)) Maybe ZE German men were toooo long in pubs (wives waited with a rolling pin behind the door aleady)so men said oh my god : wie spät is es (denn schon)! :-))

    Anybody who knows the propper answer, please comment.

    Ze German

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Annika said…

    It's one theory...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home