Whass up?

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Menu

Having a party in October. This is the menu I have chosen. Thoughts? Still time to change.

Starter: Bread soup.

This I have never tried but I've been told it's delicious. And it's a local speciality so I figured it'd be nice to have the "go native"-approach included in the meal. Apparently the origin was when there were less excess of food and a soup was made of stale bread. These days it's fresh, and I hope tasty.

Main: Sliced veal "Zürich Style" with potato purée and vegetables.

Was originally served with rösti, which is another Swiss speciality but one that I happen not to like, so changed it to potato purée, one of my favourites. Heck, it's my party, ok?

Dessert: Oepfelchuechli. Which I believe to be some sort of apple cake. The speciality of this place.

In case there will be some funny person who is vegetarian there are alternatives.

Since I'll be having a reception at my place in the afternoon, where lotsa drinks will be served (and some nibbles too...don't want my guests to be plastered by dinner time...that will surely come later :) there will be no starter drink at the restaurant. But a delicious red Chianti with the food and a quite tasty dessert wine (not too sweet). Coffee etc for those who want after.

Mouth watering yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home