Whass up?

Friday, January 06, 2006

The things you regret

One of the things I regret is when I do not say what's on my mind. Mind you, there are lots of times when I regretted what I did say, but that's another blog item.

Typical example is when I was at Schiphol airport the other day. The Japanese girls in front of me had trouble understanding the EU vs non-EU allowed purchases (which is perfectly understandable, I have trouble myself sometimes). The cashier woman was used to this, and explained it in quite rapid English. The Japanese girls didn't quite get it, so another woman (who apparently worked there, but was idling by) replied to her in a really snotty way "she already explained it to you!".

Then an American guy behind me in the queue stepped in and explained again, in a much nicer way.

I so wish I had opened my mouth to say "excuse me, but you would be more useful opening another counter, than standing here being unfriendly to customers". Why didn't I?

I guess sometimes you just don't react quickly enough. I felt so sorry for the Japanese girls. And I really do wish I had said what I thought. I will better myself. Next time I will!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home