Whass up?

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Gossip?

Does it classify as gossip if you talk to a friend of a friend, about a common friend. I know it sounds confusing, but if you care about somebody, and you are worried, and you talk to somebody close to this person, is it gossip? Or just caring?

I think it shows that you care about this person. The problem is, will this person (if she ever hears about it) believe it is caring? Probably not. She will most probably put it down as "gossip". But what else can you do?

I personally would love it if people cared enough to talk about me. To care. To decide what to do to cheer me up.

But that's me. And I have learned that we are not all the same...it would be so much easier (and so much more boring) if people were like me:).

2 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gossip strikes me as being inherently malicious. Discussing a mutual acquaintance in a concerned way doesn't qualify in my opinion. But it's funny how the latter thing can descend into the former.

    A short while ago I bumped into an old friend, who happnes to be an Elvis fan, and, to put it bluntly, has become genuinely fat. With pure concern for his well-being, I discussed this with my sister. Ultimatley, she said, "Well, at least we now know which era of Elvis he prefers." he he he !!!

    Gossip may well be inherently malicious, but it's also sometimes quite amusing with no harm done...

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    So let's decide no harm done to gossip only a little :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home