Whass up?

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The best excuse ever

About three months ago I had a one-nighter. Very nice indeed, very satisfying (if you’re a woman you know what I mean :). Anyway, this guy promised to come back the next day and cook “spaghetti carbonara” for me. Which he never did. Never saw him again.

Well, until tonight that is. Saw him, said hello, and since we were the only people at the table, we started to talk. Turns out that his daughter died two weeks ago. Wow! What do you say to a statement like that?

When I asked him about “why didn’t you let me know?”, he said, “I just shut down”. But he did have my tel no still saved. Which won’t do him a lot of good since I’ve changed.

Further investigation showed that he didn’t know he had a daughter until two years ago. The kid was conceived in a short relationship 10 years ago. He was never told. Until 2 years ago when the daughter got cancer and needed a bone-marrow transplant. He provided.

I guess it wasn’t enough, since she died two weeks ago. Cancer tumor in brain. 10 years old. What is there to say?

My “problems” diminish in comparison, but we did talk about anger. Lots of it. Anger seems to be directed at no one in particular, and everybody who’s available is to take abuse. He had recently hit somebody physically. I react by being verbally abusive. Difference? Maybe not.

So, best excuse I've ever heard. I don’t want to joke here. I do believe him. And I hope you’ll believe me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home