Whass up?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bonus points

Oh dear. Internet's so easy to use, right? Yes it is, at least when you remember all the passwords and security codes.

I happen to have quite a few air miles left on Star Alliance. With an airline I haven't used since 2003. Since miles are expiring I thought I'd use them, which coincides fantastically well with my plan to go to the US later this year.

Only, as said, had forgotten password so couldn't check air miles status. Found out that the airline has a great instant support chat-line. Which works if you have a security code. Which I didn't. OK, so back to homepage where you can request a new code. Only, my old email address was registered so didn't get it.

Support asked me lots of questions, in order to establish that I was indeed I. Felt like they knew my bra size by the time they were convinced that Annika was Annika. Guess I have to understand them though.

So, finally got a new password so that I could log on and do all the changes on my personal details. Which will apparently take 3 days to appear on the site. 3 days! In these digital times. And that didn't help when I finally called them to check on the actual flight.

Anyway, the lady was real friendly and checked everything for me. Turns out that 4 months from now they only have one seat available on the flight I wanted to take. And I tell you, I was friggin flexible with dates.

Airlines, what a bunch of crooks! But since she was nice, and I really want to visit my friend, we agreed on a temporary booking which will last for 24 hours.

Only thing I have to do now is to check with my friend if dates are ok, buy some extra points (since I only had 66,600 and 70,000 are needed...which btw they will charge me handsomely for!) and pay the airport taxes. Total amount will be almost half a full-price ticket. I tell you. They know how to charge.

Ah well, it's only money I suppose. And I'm sure I will enjoy the visit to the US (not because of the country mind you, but my friends over there). So America, here I come...well almost :)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home