Whass up?

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Forza Italia!

There was a semifinal tonight. Germany and Italy were playing. Football. Apparently. Hard to miss actually, when you were out in town like I was. And gotta say, having a choice between the two countries, it has to be Italy. Not that I'm in love with the country, but the alternative would have been Germany. And here in Switzerland, we certainly do not like that. Inferior complex kind of thing. Smaller country and so forth.

Happened to leave the place I was in just after the match. The whole town was full of hooting cars. I bet half of them were Italians, and the other half were just happy that Germany didn't win.

And the other teams in semifinal are Portugal and France. I put my vote on Portugal, since I'm not too fond of the frogs :)...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    o.k. Germany lost. However I would have apreciated a penalty shootout instead of the goals in the last two minutes. That would have meant the final kick of that soccer thriller.

    Ze German

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    So guess it's France vs Italy in the finals. Just have to vote for Italy...at least you can understand a little bit of their language :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home