Whass up?

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Here we follow ze rules

Funny that the Swiss consider themselves very much more open and friendly than the Germans. For me coming from abroad, I think the Swiss are the mini-Germans. God forbid you would ever confuse the two (trust me on this one, I did in the beginning).

Swiss are very much people who at all times follow "ze rules". They like things organized, they don't understand when things don't follow a schedule, they like to have things spelled out for them. It is more important to a Swiss person to understand the way to a goal, than actually getting there.

This frustrates the hell out of me at times, I tell you. On the other hand, when you get a Swiss person on your side, they'll stay. So on one hand you have the "artificial" Americans (and I know I will get grief for this, but I only have 3 American good friends, so I'll take my chances), and on the other hand the introvert Swiss.

Since I live in Switzerland I know where my vote will have to go :) But I have to add, friends are friends wherever they live. And for you who are my friends, you are there forever (good thing none of you are Hungarians, because there I draw the line :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since Budapest, have you ever met Hungarians on a privat basis out of that country?

    If so, no differences??? ;-))))

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Don't think I have actually. Are Hungarians different outside their own country?

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know. I was just curious about it since you report from so many different nations which (I suppose) you recently have met in Zürich.

    Why not a nice Hungarian ....or is that a contradiction in terms? "

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Annika said…

    Because I was unfortunate enough to have to spend 5 months working in Budapest. Worst project of my life. Unfriendly and unprofessional was my opinion. Maybe I just met the wrong people?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home