Whass up?

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Feminism - yeah!

I am the born feminist, absolutely. But it was a long time ago I realized that talking didn't help much. No, to do a career is what matters. Latch on to people you admire and trust, above you in the hierarchy, and take it from there. Needless to say you have to work hard.

A little luck helps, but mostly I think it is hard work that does the trick. And don't forget to be pushy. If women in general want to succeed, don't expect to be treated like a "lady". Mix with the boys, but with integrity. You will be respected, and hopefully successful.

However, there is a glass ceiling. I'm not stupid. I realize that. Women are seldom invited to the board room. And that is a bloody disgrace. "These things take time" I have heard too many times. I was told that back in 80's. Now 30 years later it is still the same for the oldies. And unfortunately the oldies are in charge.

Well, guess there is no way to go but forward. So, women, make a career!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home